cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSOX MLC features limited to 31 in Unico-GUI

HArei.2068
Associate

Hello,

I'm having some problems using Unico-GUI to configure the MLC of an LSM6DSOX. I'm trying to develop an application using four filters (actually, the same filter applied on the XYZ and V signals of the Accelerometer and Gyroscope), but the Unico software doesn't allow me to select more than 31 features.

I'm using Unico-GUI (STSW-MKI109M) on a Macintosh machine with macOS Monterey Version 12.0.1. I have tried both versions of Unico-GUI (9.11.0 and 9.10.0), and I have always gotten the same problem.

How can I configure the software to select a higher number of features?

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @henryjhoán Areiza Laverde​ ,

please consider that the statement in the AN5259 application note, p.9.

Note: The maximum number of features which can be configured in the MLC is 31.

This means that on ST devices the MLC limitations in terms of features are:

• 31 features on LSM6DSOX, LSM6DSO32X;
  • 63 features on LSM6DSRX, ISM330DHCX, IIS2ICLX.

This limitation is both for Unico and for the script running behind it.

There might in any case be some possible workarounds that might fit your case:

1. Use the LSM6DSRX instead of the LSM6DSOX to get more features;
  2. Configure the MLC several times in order to generate more features, using the same parameters at every step (same input, odr, window, filters, etc…), using different features and then merging "by-hand" the generated .arff files.
  3. Same as point 2, but using the Python script available on GitHub: in this case it will be more automatic to generate the .arff file in a second moment.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @henryjhoán Areiza Laverde​ ,

please consider that the statement in the AN5259 application note, p.9.

Note: The maximum number of features which can be configured in the MLC is 31.

This means that on ST devices the MLC limitations in terms of features are:

• 31 features on LSM6DSOX, LSM6DSO32X;
  • 63 features on LSM6DSRX, ISM330DHCX, IIS2ICLX.

This limitation is both for Unico and for the script running behind it.

There might in any case be some possible workarounds that might fit your case:

1. Use the LSM6DSRX instead of the LSM6DSOX to get more features;
  2. Configure the MLC several times in order to generate more features, using the same parameters at every step (same input, odr, window, filters, etc…), using different features and then merging "by-hand" the generated .arff files.
  3. Same as point 2, but using the Python script available on GitHub: in this case it will be more automatic to generate the .arff file in a second moment.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon