cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSO master I2C pull up resistors

el659
Associate III

Hi @Eleon BORLINI, I am trying to build a custom 9 dof imu using LSM6DSO and LIS3MDL in mode 2, according to LSM6DSO datasheet.

I found this page on AN5192 about sensor mode 2 (pg. 63). i2c master would be LSM6DSO and i2c slave would be LIS3MDL in this case. I will only be using i2c communication for reading LSM6DSO and LIS3MDL data.

el659_0-1703026493960.png

If I were to add external pull ups like the illustration above, what would be the recommended Kohm or, at least, a Kohm for good starting point for the pull up resistors in this case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

I2C pullups in the 1-5 kΩ range are common. It depends on the capacitance of the bus which will depend on your circuit, but typically 2.2 kΩ will work fine, as will 1.0 kΩ or 4.7 kΩ.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TDK
Guru

I2C pullups in the 1-5 kΩ range are common. It depends on the capacitance of the bus which will depend on your circuit, but typically 2.2 kΩ will work fine, as will 1.0 kΩ or 4.7 kΩ.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".