cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSO and LIS2MDL power consumption on different VDD

LorenzoBarbieri
Associate

Hello everyone, I am in the development phase of a wearbale project including the use of LSM6DSO and LIS2MDL sensors.

I found in the datasheets the power consumption related to the two sensors whne powered up at 1.8 V but I didn't find anythong about their current consumption on other VDD. 

Is there a resuming table that links the sensor's current consumption to their power supply?

Thank you!

Lorenzo 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @LorenzoBarbieri ,

We provide the typical values only at 1.8V because the current consumption at other Vdd is tested only in characterization and thus not guaranteed in production. 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @LorenzoBarbieri ,

We provide the typical values only at 1.8V because the current consumption at other Vdd is tested only in characterization and thus not guaranteed in production. 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
LorenzoBarbieri
Associate

Hi Federica,

thank you for the answer. I did some tests on a breakout evaluation board of LSM6DSO and found out that current consumption increases with VDD (as expected), since the project I am working on is battery based, I would power the sensors at 1.8 VDD to reach the lowest power consumption.