cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DW12 in STEVAL-Smartag1 showing only 1024mg value when it is steady, What it means?

Chiku
Associate II

4 REPLIES 4
Chiku
Associate II

I am using STEVAL-SMARTAG1 anf NFC Phone,

With the help of App ST NFC Sensor app.. i only can read 1024 mg acceleration/min.

What does this means? can you explain how mg is related with Acceleration?

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Chiku​ ,

Which acceleration axis are you reading? Or are you reading the 3 dimensional acceleration module?

Consider that the LIS2DW12 accelerometer is 3 axial device, and in a rest condition with Z axis pointing to the ceiling and X and Y on the plane, the output will be about 1g (1000mg) for the Z axis that is measuring the Earth gravity acceleration, and about 0mg for both X and Y axes.

In case you are reading the total acceleration module, the results will be similar, since it is just the vectoral sum of the 3 above mentioned components.

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster.

-Eleon

Chiku
Associate II

Thanks Eleon.

Sometime i could read 3014 mg when i placed from one location to another.

How acceleration it calculated? can you brief one example (Sorry for Dumb question but i am new for this)

Hi @Chiku​ ,

in this case you are probably moving the board and you are reading the consequent linear acceleration.

-Eleon