cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIS2DUXS12: Switch from Ultra Low Power to High-Performance when using FSM

BD651
Associate II

Hi,

looking in the AN5902 Finite State Machine application note for LIS2DUXS12, rev 3 on page 47, it is mentioned that using the Adaptive self-configuration (ASC) it is possible to switch from Ultra Low Power mode to High-Performance mode. 

BD651_0-1698303803144.png

However, in the AN58012 application note for LIS2DUXS12, rev 3 page 15, it says that it is not possible to directly switch from Ultra Low Power mode to High-Performance without setting the accelerometer to power-down mode.

BD651_1-1698303953992.png

What is correct, is the ASC example in the AN5902 application note really possible to do?

Also, a second question. If TI3 = 125 samples and the ODR is 100Hz, wouldn't that mean 1.25s? In the example it says 5 seconds but that will only be true if ODR is 25Hz, right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @BD651 ,

Thank you for notice us this discrepancy between the two AN versions, I confirm you that you can't switch from ultra low power to high performance when in FSM, we will review the latest version of AN.

Regarding your second question: yes, the ODR of that example is 25Hz 🙂

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster!

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @BD651 ,

Thank you for notice us this discrepancy between the two AN versions, I confirm you that you can't switch from ultra low power to high performance when in FSM, we will review the latest version of AN.

Regarding your second question: yes, the ODR of that example is 25Hz 🙂

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster!

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.