cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISM330DHCX: how high is the usable bandwidth of the accelerometer (and the sensor overall) for vibration measurement? And what are possible bandwidth limitations if we reconfigure current ISM330DHCX sensors to use the maximal bandwidth?

APozd.2
Associate

Hi,

at my parttime job we are using the ISM330DHCX in an industrial sensor for measuring acceleration, gyro and inclination. In the description for ISM330DHCX is stated, that it can be also used for vibration measuring. In the datasheet (p.50/167 Table 46 for ex.) it is said that gyro bandwidth can go up to 6,66 kHz à LPF2 cutoff up to 3.33kHz, for the accelerometer on page 57/167 under Figure 23 is stated “The cutoff value of the LPF1 output is ODR/2 when the accelerometer is in high-performance mode and ODR up to 833 Hz. This value is equal to 780 Hz when the accelerometer is in low-power or normal mode.�?

Based on that I have a question: how high is the usable bandwidth of the accelerometer (and the sensor overall) for vibration measurement? And what are possible bandwidth limitations if we reconfigure current ISM330DHCX sensors to use the maximal bandwidth?

Kind regards

Anastasia

2 REPLIES 2
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @APozd.2 ,

Welcome to ST Community!

The maximum bandwidth is ODR/2 In high performance mode and there aren't any limitations.

Remind to avoid LA_F0 Sensor resonant frequency that are 2.6 kHz (for X and Y) and 2.17 kHz (for Z).

If my reply answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
taylorsuzenski
Associate

Edit: This is a rather *** question that I take back. Lol.

Hi, 

I read that the ISM330DHCX has a 1.6 Hz to 6.7KHz update rate. So, would the maximum readable frequency of the accelerometer be ODR/2 = 6.7kHz/2 = 3.35 kHz (via pg 56)?

I am just looking for a simple answer as to what is the maximum readable frequency of the accelerometer.

Thank you!!!