cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information regarding LIS2DS12 accelerometer

MMojt.1
Associate

Hi,

I am a post-doctoral researcher at the University of Northampton doing research on a special type of structure. As a part of our current project, I need to measure the vibration of the structural components, and I would like to use LIS2DS12 accelerometer. In this project, I am using National Instrument CompactRIO 9024 device as a data acquisition platform which works with the LabVIEW software. My questions are how can I read/import the vibration signal captured by your accelerometer product (i.e. LIS2DS12) in LabVIEW software? Can I connect this accelerometer to our data acquisition system by using cable or is it working wirelessly? Is there any internal memory in this accelerometer to save the vibration data, if yes, how can I transfer this data?

Regards,

Mohammad   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ozone
Lead

The datasheet of the LIS2DS12 will tell you more.

I would be surprised of the NI RIO card supports the low-level serial SPI/I2C busses directly.

But you can connect the sensor (or more tan one) to a MCU, and use any interface Labview supports toward the PC side, including wireless one's.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ozone
Lead

The datasheet of the LIS2DS12 will tell you more.

I would be surprised of the NI RIO card supports the low-level serial SPI/I2C busses directly.

But you can connect the sensor (or more tan one) to a MCU, and use any interface Labview supports toward the PC side, including wireless one's.