cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Sir. I am using LSM6DSL , The pedometer routine works fine. Ho do I reset the pedometer's counter., The section 6.1 in an5040 is confusing. When the ****_RST_STEP of Reg CTRL10_C is reset. Please Advise.

EOved.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DSull.3
Associate III

Hi, in the AN5040 the following is reported:

The step count is not reset to zero when the accelerometer is configured in Power-Down or the pedometer is disabled; it can be reset to zero by setting the ****_RST_STEP bit of the CTRL10_C register to 1. After the counter resets, the ****_RST_STEP bit is not automatically set back to 0.

This means that you have to configure that bit to 1 in order to reset the step counter (or power off the device), but if you want to use it after this reset, you have to turn manually that bit to 0. Is this your doubt?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DSull.3
Associate III

Hi, in the AN5040 the following is reported:

The step count is not reset to zero when the accelerometer is configured in Power-Down or the pedometer is disabled; it can be reset to zero by setting the ****_RST_STEP bit of the CTRL10_C register to 1. After the counter resets, the ****_RST_STEP bit is not automatically set back to 0.

This means that you have to configure that bit to 1 in order to reset the step counter (or power off the device), but if you want to use it after this reset, you have to turn manually that bit to 0. Is this your doubt?

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

did @DSull.3​ helped you with your issue?

-Eleon

EOved.1
Associate II

Hi.

I got the help I needed , issue is resolved.

Thanks