cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UHF RFID solution

Harsh_M_Rana
Associate

Hi,

I'm searching for UHF RFID reader IC (860-960 MHz). I found the one and only solution as "ST25RU3993". But it is NRND. So, what can I use for my new design. And is there any cheaper solution? This IC is very costly. 

If I ignore the cost as of now, please suggest me any other solution which is active.

Thanks....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Harsh_M_Rana, to the community!

I am infinitely sorry, but the ST25RU3993 was the only UHF reader in the portfolio of STMicroelectronics. Unfortunately, its time is running out and it looks as if there will be no successor. So unfortunately I can't suggest an alternative.

Even if it's not good news, I hope this answers your question?

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Harsh_M_Rana, to the community!

I am infinitely sorry, but the ST25RU3993 was the only UHF reader in the portfolio of STMicroelectronics. Unfortunately, its time is running out and it looks as if there will be no successor. So unfortunately I can't suggest an alternative.

Even if it's not good news, I hope this answers your question?

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Harsh_M_Rana
Associate

Thanks Peter....

I need one more help. Can you share the Gerber files for NFC antenna that's designed for ST25RU3993-EVAL board? I'm sharing the reference what I'm exactly looking for.....

Reference link:
https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an5308-near-field-loop-antenna-for-the-st25ru3993eval-board-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

No, I have no GERBER data for this antenna. Since ST25RU3993 is on NRND, there will be no more support for it because of the following statement in AN5308, section Introduction:

This antenna, integrated on the ST25RU3993-EVAL board, is for evaluation purposes only.

Apart from the difficulties of finding the right material and the right board technology, there is no point in evaluating something that will soon be discontinued anyway.

Regards
/Peter