cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am doing a quality check on a chip that i bought versus the datasheet.

Klim.11
Associate

The pins with red boxes are supposed to be OUT pins as indicated on the datasheet. (see picture). However, the actual layout looks like the GROUND pins. I am not sure if i am seeing it right, someone pls help! Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Klim.1​, to the ciommunity!

You didn't write which component you were talking about, but it's either VNH7070 or VNH7100.

The pins marked in red are clearly the outputs of the half bridges, as can also be seen in the datasheets, Fig. 15. The GND pins are in exactly the right place (pin 1, 8, 9, 16) and are connected to the sources of the low-side FETs (top and bottom die). A recommended layout is shown in Fig. 17 of the datasheet.

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Klim.1​, to the ciommunity!

You didn't write which component you were talking about, but it's either VNH7070 or VNH7100.

The pins marked in red are clearly the outputs of the half bridges, as can also be seen in the datasheets, Fig. 15. The GND pins are in exactly the right place (pin 1, 8, 9, 16) and are connected to the sources of the low-side FETs (top and bottom die). A recommended layout is shown in Fig. 17 of the datasheet.

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Klim.11
Associate

Thank you peter. Yes it's for VNH7100

Your answer is clear. Apprecaite it!