cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L5CX Bouncing Issue

FKara.3
Senior

Hello,

Even in the SparkFun product introduction video (2.45-3.00 min),  the representative presentation shows there is some bouncing in the sensor reading. I have also experienced the same bouncing issue. How can we deal with this problem?

Regards,

Fehmi K.

2 REPLIES 2
Anne BIGOT
ST Employee

Hello,

I assume you are referring to flicker as opposed to an issue with gravity.
ST's advise is to add an anti flicker filter to the application via hysteresis on the results data e.g. :

• If the change is > x mm frame to frame update the data
  • If the change is < x mm frame to frame re-output the current data

Regards

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

Hello @Anne BIGOT ,

Thank you for your response, but what I meant is not flippers. As shown in the video, there is significant bouncing in sensor readings. t

Besides, I have attached a plot that shows five subsequent readings from the sensor. The readings do not make any sense to me. I am wondering why the first row gives a value close to 0.

rangereading.png