cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gesture recognition on VL53L5CX?

yzer.1
Associate II

I have read that ST will be releasing code to show how to do gesture recognition on the VL53L5CX, when is this due to be released?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John E KVAM
ST Employee

That is the theory. However I have NOT done this myself. There are just too many MCUs out there.

But that STSW-IMG035_M0p is compliled for that version of Cortex, so all you need to do is figure out how your IDE imports a library.

People do it all the time - you should be fine.

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
John E KVAM
ST Employee

It's up already. Go to ST.com and search for the word 'gesture'. There are 2 results. Pick:

STSW-IMG035 - Turnkey gesture recognition solution based on VL53L5CX multizone Time-of-Flight ranging sensor - STMicroelectronics

It's the one you want.

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

Thank you!

I would like to use this with MicroPython on the Raspberry Pi Pico W (Cortex M0+), using the Pimoroni breakout for the VL53L5CX.

Is the firmware in STSW-IMG035_EVK and the code in STSW-IMG035_M0p all that's required? Creating a port for this is (currently) beyond me, but perhaps I can find someone who can do this.

John E KVAM
ST Employee

That is the theory. However I have NOT done this myself. There are just too many MCUs out there.

But that STSW-IMG035_M0p is compliled for that version of Cortex, so all you need to do is figure out how your IDE imports a library.

People do it all the time - you should be fine.

• john