cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow "Feedback" is annoying, takes time to load and occupies space

Just remove it. We don't need it. We have the feedback forum.

JW

12 REPLIES 12
Lina_DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @waclawek.jan , 

Thanks for letting me know. Could you elaborate more how long it takes to load and if possible, screen-record it? Also, please include your browser. Having this, I could investigate the issue. On my end it seamless and very fast. 

For now, there are now plans to "Remove" the extension because it's part of ST's broader ecosystem to gather feedback. I am sorry that you find it annoying. 

BR,
Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

It's on mobile phone, I am not able to measure that, but whatever it takes it's more than zero which is exactly how much is needed.

Because we don't need this feature. So, just remove it. Feedback gathered in this way is useless, and it's annoying. Do you want users come here? Then stop annoying them, they are not interested in providing you THIS kind of feedback, there is the feedback forum for this purpose. Users are not interested in broader ST ecosystems.

Besides, on the mobile, it also obscures the up-arrow, which we (technical users who know how to navigate a browser natively) don't need either... (lazy to link the thread where I posted that).

Is the "user first" principle something ST does not subscribe to?

JW

Observing page load on a PC (and yes, loading 1400 icons even from cache takes seconds, especially on a system with rotary disc, and is annoying: ditch icons, use Unicode icons if you must) I've realized that together with medalia you've added half a dozen other spying services, presumably as part of the "broader ecosystem". That might also explain the longer loading times on mobile, especially on a not-that-perfect network.

Please remove them from the forum. Letting 3rd parties spy on your users is not a decent thing to do.

JW

Lina_DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @waclawek.jan , 

Regarding the Medalia, I take it to investigate if there any possible improvements for the mobile version.

The Page load issue: could you please be more specific on how long exactly it takes, mobile browsers you use, and your mobile OS? We did not notice any page load performance issues, so I would we be happy to have a further look into it. 

As for "spy services", I can assure you there are no such things. We use standard web traffic analytics tools and Medalia as Feedback extension across all ST. So really nothing to worry here about :). 

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

> standard web traffic analytics tools

Yes. You may call using 3rd parties (and not one, but a bunch of them) to gather data on users "traffic analytics tools"; but at the end of the day, it's just spying and a despicable thing to do. That others do it too is no excuse.

JW

Annoying me today, large yellow bar in the way of edit / post window. Either accidentally hitting it or randomly popping up. Using from phone today.

Do not like, do not want

Stop using the wrong metrics to drive decisions. You draw the wrong conclusions, and make poor decisions.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

IMG_4566.jpeg

IMG_4565.jpeg

IMG_4564.png

IMG_4563.jpeg

Dear @Tesla DeLorean  @waclawek.jan ,

Thank you for the feedback, I’m wondering if there is a recent change observed these days ? And why is this annoying…  is it the frequency of « feedback » button to appear in random way etc. As explained by @Lina_DABASINSKAITE , we are focusing on our community experience and we need both qualitative and quantitative real-time feedback and satisfaction to react accordingly, we can not rely on long period feedbacks . Here is my experience just writing this reply : 4 screenshots on a 6 inch display.

Thanks again for your valuable feedbacks !

STOne-32

It's annoying because I don't want things popping up whilst typing.

Accidently touching the side of the screen seems trigger one type of pop-up. There you can't exit when you selected stars unless you add a reason.

The yellow bar appears and often covers part of the Reply Button or arrow.

The other popup seems random, perhaps time based, that one allows stars to be selected and submitted without giving a typed in reason.

In post edit the yellow obscures the Post button, but most annoying is that it keeps moving or aligning with the screen. 

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
RhSilicon
Lead

If that yellow tab can be annoying, imagine half the screen being blocked like this:

ST_WEBSITE_DOH.png

Homer-DOh