cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert emoji does not work.

Insert emoji:

waclawekjan_1-1687120091638.png

does not work.

I don't miss it - contrary, I call for removing the unnecessary stuff like this.

We don't need Comic Sans either, if you know what I mean.

JW

16 REPLIES 16
Legacy member
Not applicable

Hello @waclawek.jan ,

I moved this here from: 
Solved: Forum migration lost code formatting - STMicroelectronics Community for a better problem visibility as we want to avoid multiple topics in one thread.

Thanks for reporting this question. We are looking into the emoji situation already. Regarding the Comic Sans, noted but need more votes on this one to pass :D 

BR,
Lina - ST Community Team (New profile @Lina DABASINSKAITE )

:D

Hey! My smiley got censored!I do have nose! I don't like my smileys to be mutilated!

JW

test, all with noses: 🙂 :D 😉

Amelie ACKERMANN
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @waclawek.jan,
We can enable/disable the insertion of emojis via the admin settings. I have now enabled it - I understand you disagree, but other members might wish to use emojis as it is a very common part of written communication nowadays. Let's now see how the community makes use of emojis and take it from there. 

Best,
Amelie

Hi Amelie,

If "disabled" means "the icon is there but it does not work", then enabled is certainly better.

However, I don't like the forum to change the manually written smileys, e.g. the following basic smiley was written as colon dash right bracket: 🙂

You may find this to be pickiness, but there is an actual reason for this: in technical texts we use, combinations of non-alphabetical characters including colons and dashes and brackets occurs quite often. And "features" like these mutilate that text, too.

This again is something well understood by real forum software writers, and I see why the newfangled script kids in Khoros and alike find it amusing and don't understand that it just gets into way. I can't stress enough how frustrating small but important things like these gets into way and spoil one's day. So, just don't. If you must have emojis, insert them as images.

JW

Alternatively, use Unicode emojis: 😀

JW

Enabling emojis was maybe not the best idea.

Now it takes quite forever (25 sec) for a page to load, and quite a bit of data are transferred.

waclawekjan_0-1687593584436.png

Emojis for the masses. A worthy goal, is it.

JW

+ no for Comic Sans

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @waclawek.jan

Thanks, I understand your point. Emojis within preformatted text are turned off. Have you had issues in your technical texts, nevertheless? 

Best,
Amelie