cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L1 and STM32L0 for running Neural Networks

stoicLemons
Associate

Can STM32L1 and STM32L0 be used for AI development (is. running inference of neural networks)? I was hoping to use those chips with X-CUBE-AI. Yet, when I read the user manual, those chips were left out of the list of microcontrollers. Why is this so?

User Manual: https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00570145-getting-started-with-xcubeai-expansion-package-for-artificial-intelligence-ai-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Also, there is STM32Cube.AI which I assume will work with STM32L1 and STM32L0. Is this correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

Our current AI offering is not supported on those series. We only support Cortex-M4 Cortex-M7 and Cortex-M33 based series mainly to benefit from Cortex special instructions to optimize the processing and the available floating point unit.

We have in our roadmap to extend the support to Cortex-M0 and Cortex-M0+ series, the exact delivery date is not yet fully decided

Regards

Daniel

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

Our current AI offering is not supported on those series. We only support Cortex-M4 Cortex-M7 and Cortex-M33 based series mainly to benefit from Cortex special instructions to optimize the processing and the available floating point unit.

We have in our roadmap to extend the support to Cortex-M0 and Cortex-M0+ series, the exact delivery date is not yet fully decided

Regards

Daniel

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you, that makes sense.