cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modelzoo unrealibility

yessine
Associate III

I wanted to share some feedback regarding the use of ModelZoo, as you previously recommended. Unfortunately, after dedicating significant time—about a month—to working with it, I have encountered numerous challenges that have made it difficult to achieve the intended outcomes.

The errors and bugs I've faced have been persistent, and despite consulting with various ST employees and even the ST community, I have not been able to resolve them. It appears that the structure of the ModelZoo folder differs significantly from what is presented in the tutorials, rendering the tutorials largely unhelpful. Additionally, the README files provided do not offer the necessary guidance to overcome these issues.

One particular area of concern is the YAML files, which do not align with those shown in the tutorial. This discrepancy has led to repeated errors, including proxy errors, that are not addressed or explained in the existing documentation.

Given these difficulties, I believe that ModelZoo requires substantial rework to make it a more reliable and user-friendly tool. I also suggest that a clearer guide or an updated tutorial be provided to cover the new version of the ModelZoo folder structure.

Thank you for understanding, and I hope this feedback can contribute to future improvements.

3 REPLIES 3
Julian E.
ST Employee

Hello @yessine ,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! 

Have a good day,

Julian

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Matthieu
ST Employee

Hello,

We have done significant changes in the model zoo in the v2 to have a more modular approach.

It implied some changes in the yaml file management. We are in the process to update the tutorial video that is related to the model zoo v1. So unfortunately it is not aligned, sorry about that.

We will add more step by step tutorials to go help getting started as you are suggesting.

Laurent FOLLIOT
ST Employee

Hello,
Yes, the model zoo evolves and is continuously improved.

You right, the video was not updated, the link will be removed, thanks for pointing it. Please refer to readme that are up to date. If some information are missing in it, please don't hesitate to enter an issue on the the model zoo GH.

Regards,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.