cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEK Examples Import - where to find unchanged examples

Orbiter
Senior

The examples are a great resource to get started. 

But it looks like when making changes to an example it does not only safe in the working folder. It also safes (or changes) the original. 

After playing a lot with one example I wanted to just delete it from my working folder and import a new fresh one, unchanged. I thought thats why there is an import function for examples, right? 

But- it is not the original anymore, it always shows my changes after importing a new one. 

So- if I dont want a complete reinstall of the whole devkit- any ideas where I can find the examples for download and fresh install? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Orbiter
Senior

I now copied an example projekt from another computer, renamed it and put it in the workspace folder.

But it does not show up in eclipses project explorer.

So i tried importing it, i can select it and press import, nothing changes. 

I tried opening it, I can open ome files but i never get the project view. 

I tried drag and drop into Project explorer but always get an error that the "Destination folder must be accessible"

I right clicked and looked for properties on the file and folder, its read only. I can remove it, press apply, open it again and it read only again. 

Any advise? Anyone? 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Orbiter
Senior

I now copied an example projekt from another computer, renamed it and put it in the workspace folder.

But it does not show up in eclipses project explorer.

So i tried importing it, i can select it and press import, nothing changes. 

I tried opening it, I can open ome files but i never get the project view. 

I tried drag and drop into Project explorer but always get an error that the "Destination folder must be accessible"

I right clicked and looked for properties on the file and folder, its read only. I can remove it, press apply, open it again and it read only again. 

Any advise? Anyone? 

Max VIZZINI
ST Employee

In the project list names must be unique.

If you import an example and you change and save it, the example in your workspace will remain the same changed one.

If you want to go back to the original example, either delete the project or rename it in your workspace and proceed with the Import samples procedure. In this way you will get again the example with the original code.

Best Regards,

AutoDevKit Team

Orbiter
Senior

Ahhhh, nice. Is that a new feature? Or I may only have deleted it from the projekt window but not from the workspace, by that I ran into the naming problem. understood. 

I think its eclipse again providing this slightly confusing Project Explorer.