cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link Drivers unable to be installed on Windows 11 Machine

CEast.3
Associate

Hello,

I have been trying various methods of installing the ST-Link USB drivers on my Windows 11 Laptop, with absolutely no success. Here is the output I see when I try to run the installation batch file from the stsw-link009 download:

0693W00000KagBhQAJ.jpgWhen I plug in my nucleo board, this is what I see in the device manager:

0693W00000KagCBQAZ.pngWhen I open the properties on the ST-Link device, it (obviously) says that the drivers are not installed. Needless to say, if I try to run a program form the Cube IDE, I get a "No-ST-Link Detected" message. Also, if I open a project on the mbed IDE while the nucleo is plugged in, the board does get recognized. The board is the F091RC, although I am not sure that's relevant to my issues. The pre-loaded blinky program does work as well.

I am a beginner in this space, so please let me know if I'm doing something dumb. I've read and watched a lot of things to try and figure out, and everything I've found either completely skips over any issues with this (so presumably it isn't a normal issue) or they dive into writing custom INF, disabling Secure Boot, or other relatively extreme measures.

7 REPLIES 7
Mike_ST
ST Employee

Hello,

From the download page:

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-link009.html

• General Description ST-LINK, ST-LINK/V2, ST-LINK/V2-1, STLINK-V3 USB driver signed for Windows7, Windows8, Windows10

And now.... for Windows11 ?

I don't have the information.

Just anwering why it might not work on W11.

I have personnaly never tried. Maybe there is a compatibility mode.

From what I see, the ecosystem is stamped Win10 max so far.

Advise already given in this forum quite long ago (besides of modification and signing the INF) was to manually install the in-box winusb driver for ST-Link in the Device manager. This maybe works for early adopters of Win11 but there's time for ST to recognize Win11 .

CEast.3
Associate

Thanks for the input. I had seen that some forum posters had gotten it to work on 11, but I couldn't achieve the same success. I guess I'll just hold out until driver support is updated for Win11! Fingers crossed for it to be soon!

I was forced to transition to Windows 11 and also cannot get my STLINK v2 to work.

Can anyone confirm compatibility?

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

@BillE Confirmed. Works on recent supported Win11 on Intel/AMD PC (ver. 23H2, 22H2)