cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX 6.4.0 doesn't interact nicely with MacOS 12.1 (Monterey)

CubeMX under Monterey seems to now think that all of my ioc files are read-only and not valid project files.

Also, when I <File><Load Project> no files or directories show up in my Documents directory.

This all worked before I updated to Monterey.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aymen CHAKROUN
ST Employee

Hi @Andrei Chichak​,

Ok, let's try a second solution.

I upload a video screen record showing the second method [tested OK in my environment].

The video => Enable_Full_access.7z

Waiting your feedback,

Regards,

Aymen.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Aymen CHAKROUN
ST Employee

Hi @Andrei Chichak​ ,

Can you please apply the following solution extracted from the CubeMX UM1718:

0693W00000Hr5W6QAJ.png 

Let me know the result.

Regards,

Aymen.

Hello @Aymen CHAKROUN​ ,

I'd have to say, no, this did not solve the problem.

I gave CubeMX full disk access, checked - still doesn't work, rebooted, checked - doesn't work. I installed 6.4.0 on windows in a vm under Fusion and it does work (even if I'm having problems downloading the firmware files from the ST repo).

Under windows, the file is not read-only and is valid. Under MacOS Monterey the file is read-only, invalid, then it is no longer visible in the file chooser dialog box. Going up a level in the directory structure does not show any files or directories.

If I create a new project in Cube, I can then save it and load it, but any previous projects are invalid, and very difficult to find as I can't navigate the file system through the dialog box.

(Also on the windows version, grep the code for the word "setted". I can't remember where I encountered it, something to do with download proxies, but that's not a word.)

Aymen CHAKROUN
ST Employee

Hi @Andrei Chichak​,

Ok, let's try a second solution.

I upload a video screen record showing the second method [tested OK in my environment].

The video => Enable_Full_access.7z

Waiting your feedback,

Regards,

Aymen.

...IS THE CORRECT ANSWER!!!

Thank you @Aymen CHAKROUN​ , you are absolutely correct. My system preference pane had STM32CubeIDE and not STM32CubeMX.

The drag-drop that you show in your video was just what I needed.

Thank you again.

Andrei (from the great white north)