cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Everyone, I am unable to connect to SensorTile.box after uploading DataLogExtended (from FP-SNS-STBOX1) binary project onto the sensor.

aditi1prakash
Associate II

I performed the upload using STE BLE Sensor app (Firmware upgrade).

The upload was successful and I received a notification that said SensorTile.box will restart, please restart the app.

I did so but the sensor is now disconnected. None of the LED's blink. Power button is ineffective. Any attempt to connect to the sensor (via BT app, via PC BT, via USB) is not working.

What could be the issue and how to solve this problem?

Update (09.11.2021): I tried uploading binaries onto the sensor using DfuSe Demo software, (https://community.st.com/s/profile/0050X000009y6lZQAQ) but the tool does not detect the hardware.

The device manager shows connection to an STM32 Bootloader though.

0693W00000GWvweQAD.pngAny hint/suggestion/help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Regards,

Aditi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Aditi @aditi1prakash​ ,

If you are running your Sensortile.box on Win10, I suggest you to follow this guide (LINK) using the STM32CubeProg tool.

Win10 has already embedded the STM32 drivers, so no need to install them.

You should however uninstall the DfuSe Demo drivers in order to avoid conflicts with the STM32CubeProg.

For completeness, I attach the last "factory" FW version (v349) to this post, so that you can try also uploading this FW (but for the communication with Unicleo you actually need the DatalogExtended).

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi Aditi @aditi1prakash​ ,

If you are running your Sensortile.box on Win10, I suggest you to follow this guide (LINK) using the STM32CubeProg tool.

Win10 has already embedded the STM32 drivers, so no need to install them.

You should however uninstall the DfuSe Demo drivers in order to avoid conflicts with the STM32CubeProg.

For completeness, I attach the last "factory" FW version (v349) to this post, so that you can try also uploading this FW (but for the communication with Unicleo you actually need the DatalogExtended).

If my reply answered your question, please click on Select as Best at the bottom of this post. This will help other users with the same issue to find the answer faster. 

-Eleon

aditi1prakash
Associate II

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ ,

Not sure what the issue with the Box was but I used STM32CubeProg tool to upload 'BLESensors.bin' binary file. The sensor started working after this.

Thanks for the hint 🙂

Hi @Eleon BORLINI (ST Employee)​ ,

Not sure what the issue with the Box was but I used STM32CubeProg tool to upload 'BLESensors.bin' binary file. The sensor started working after this.

Thanks for the hint 🙂