cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can ST Microelectronics' USB VID/PID be used in saleable products? STM32F429 microcontroller running mbedOS.

JAtte.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I did it already in the previous post: "If you already have a sales contact with STMicroelectronics (via our sales offices or your local distributor), please contact them for the sublicense request."

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Please take a look at this previous post.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
JAtte.1
Associate II

Thanks Peter. The device we're manufacturing would be intended to enumerate as a virtual com port. In this case, if the VID/PID combination of 0483/5740 were to be used, would that be acceptable? It seems as though this combination would just be displayed as another USB Serial Device on the PC, which should not cause any conflicts.

Thanks!

John

As I said before: every application going in production needs its own PID, which can be applied for from STMicroelectronics for smaller projects and with which one then sails under the flag (VID) of STMicroelectronics (see post mentioned before). For larger projects, your own VID/PID must be requested directly from USB.org.

Regards

/Peter

Can you direct me to the appropriate contact to apply for a PID? I've reached out locally to STMicroelectronics, but I have not yet received a response.

Best,

John

I did it already in the previous post: "If you already have a sales contact with STMicroelectronics (via our sales offices or your local distributor), please contact them for the sublicense request."

Regards

/Peter

Please disregard, I now have a contact to work with.