cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SensorTileBox identification problem with Windows 7

SAbid.2
Associate II

Hello, 

I have a steval-mksbox1v1 kit that I want to connect in Bluetooth with my pc in windows 7 but it doesn't work, I tested with windows 10 and it works fine, I don't understand the reason.

Error indicated: "failed to add this device to this computer". 

error code: 0x80004005

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @SAbid.2​ , how did you interfaced your win7 PC with the ST.box? Please note that for the Bluetooth interface the PC needs to have a BLE module and you have to be able to run the Android apk for desktop... Con you please explain me better your setup? Regards

SAbid.2
Associate II

Hi Eleon,

On my win7 pc I installed Unicleo-GUI and then I want to connect the STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 kit to my pc with Bluetooth to use the kit with this application (unicleo-gui) not with apk android

Thank you

Hi @SAbid.2​ , understood... unfortunately Unicleo-GUI requires Win10 for the correct interface with SensorTile.box kit... Regards

SAbid.2
Associate II

Hi Eleon,

But the problem doesn't come from unicleo-gui, I used the kit by plugging it with a USB cable on my win7 pc and loading the "DataExtendLog" application on the steval-mksbox1v1 kit provided by ST and it works fine

I have a bluetooth connection problem with my computer.   

Thanks

0693W000000UPIZQA4.png

Hi @SAbid.2​ , the SensorTile.box has a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) module, and if you have a standard Bluetooth module on your PC the communication cannot work... Regards

SAbid.2
Associate II

Thank you Eleon

Sincerly

Abid