cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCSKD 5.4.0 HardFault

Andrea Canepa
Senior

I did some tests using the MCSDK 5.4.0, I generated the project using MC WorkBench for TrueStudio and CubeMX 5.2.1.

The hardware consists of NUCLEO-F303RE and X-NUCLEO-IHM16M1.

The problem is the following: when I try to start the engine with WorkBench Monitor, the "Software Error" signal comes on:0690X000008ichgQAA.jpg

While the TrueSTUDIO debug hangs at the "HardFault" function:

0690X000008iciFQAQ.jpg

Looking at the "Thread" we see that the function that generated the HardFault should be "RUC_FirstAccelerationStageReached":

0690X000008icioQAA.jpg

But at this point I don't know what to do: I expected everything to work well without a hitch.

Regards

Andrea

4 REPLIES 4
Andrea Canepa
Senior

UPDATE: the same project realized with MCSDK 5.3.3 does not give problems. The engine runs normally.

Andrea

Andrea Canepa
Senior

UPDATE 2: the same project generated using the MCSDK 5.4.0 FULL does not give problems.

Therefore it is likely that the problem occurs with 5.4.0 when it is in normal version (ie not FULL).

cedric H
ST Employee

Hello,

I answered to this issue in the following post :

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000B07Hm8SQE/always-have-hard-faults-on-mcsdk-540

Regards

Cedric

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the section "Motor Control Hardware" to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards