Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

size of flash in STM32G0J6

Nnabb.1
Associate II
Spoiler

Hi, 

I have a question about the size of the flash of STM32G0J6. When i use STM32 cube programmer - CLI i saw that the size of the flash of the STM32G0J6 is 64Kb. I try to write everywhere in this memory it works. The datasheet say that the STM32G0J6 flash size is 32Kb and when you look at register 0x1FFFF75E0 it says that the flash size is 32Kb. Is it  normal ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nnabb.1
Associate II

conclusion : 

STM32G031J6 have a 64kb of usable flash

register 0x1FFFF75E0 return 32Kb 

Datasheet says it has only 32Kb of flash 

If you want to read protect the flash you have enough bit to protect 64Kb ( and you have to set all these bit ). 

I will check other models of microcontroller if we have the same problem. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Nnabb.1
Associate II

it is the STM32G031J6

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Nnabb.1 ,

Which CubeProgrammer version are you using?

Flash size information in Datasheet for STM32G031J6 is (32KB). 

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

hi , 

I use STM32CubeProgrammer v2.13.1. But know i have my forth core that use more than 32Kb. It works perfectly on it. 

IMG_6234.jpg

Nnabb.1
Associate II

conclusion : 

STM32G031J6 have a 64kb of usable flash

register 0x1FFFF75E0 return 32Kb 

Datasheet says it has only 32Kb of flash 

If you want to read protect the flash you have enough bit to protect 64Kb ( and you have to set all these bit ). 

I will check other models of microcontroller if we have the same problem. 

One die frequently services several part# and an appropriate subset of the FLASH is tested at Final Test

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Ok but you still have a problem with the documentation. To write protect the flash you have to consider that you have 64Kb of flash and not 32Kb in FLASH_WRP. If you don't set all the bit it doesn't works.