cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sensortile.box PRO connectiong via bluetooth

Frabbit
Associate III

Hello everyone! It's my first time with the Sensortile.box, and I'm still not clear on how to connect via Bluetooth. Inside my Sensortile.box, I have the firmware STSW-MKBOXPRO V1.1.0, and from the ST BLE Sensor application, I'm able to see the box. In order to view the data from the PC, I downloaded the UniCLEO GUI and I'm trying to connect the box to the PC via Bluetooth, but unfortunately, without success :( Does anyone know where I'm going wrong? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Frabbit ,

By Bluetooth you can only connect the Sensortile.box to the phone, you cannot connect the board to the PC using UniCLEO GUI. Alternatively you could connect your board to the PC and use a terminal interface by communicating via USB.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Federica! Thank you for your response, so let me make sure I understand correctly... I have an RPi3 to which I would like to connect the Sensortile Box via Bluetooth to retrieve data. I have made various attempts using Python, using various Bluetooth libraries (bluepy, pybluez, BlueSTSDK_Python), but so far I have only managed to connect to the Sensortile Box via Bluetooth however, it seems that due to authentication issues, I am unable to retrieve the data. The library with which I made the most progress was pybluez. Are you telling me then that it's not possible to do this with the Sensortile Box? Can I only connect from a mobile phone via Bluetooth?

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @Frabbit ,

You can connect to the windows pc by BLE, also with raspberry, but we don't provide the drivers, you need to do them.

I think that your issue is related to the pairing with the board, did you do this?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Unfortunately, there are few guides from which I can take inspiration for the connection, as I said before I get errors when trying to read the data probably due to an authentication error that even just searching in the firmware code is difficult to understand where it is... I also tried with different firmware by doing other tests but I haven't found anything useful except how to remove the password but apparently it wasn't even that, for now I have only found a way to retrieve the data via USB with the basic firmware provided by ST, it's really difficult and frustrating :(