cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help identifying specific PMIC.

unimatrix93
Associate II

Dear Community,

I'm a repair technician and I trying to identify a damaged component made by STMicroelectronics.

Based on the surronding components and circuitry its a PMIC/DC-DC Coverter but I cannot find this specifc one.

PXL_20240508_101010963.jpgPXL_20240508_092815843-min.jpg

As you can see, all the information is visible on the IC markings is XXC7-1. And it has a 7-pin configuration on a SOP8 package.

Can you please help me identify this component?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @unimatrix93, to the community!

If you look at the STMicroelectronics logo on our website, you won't notice any similarity, and it's also questionable whether the second letter is actually a T or rather a mirrored J. The logo looks like an Asian manufacturer to me.

Furthermore, the missing pin points to a driver device for high voltage in a flyback regulator, but our devices look completely different.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @unimatrix93, to the community!

If you look at the STMicroelectronics logo on our website, you won't notice any similarity, and it's also questionable whether the second letter is actually a T or rather a mirrored J. The logo looks like an Asian manufacturer to me.

Furthermore, the missing pin points to a driver device for high voltage in a flyback regulator, but our devices look completely different.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

You abosuletely right. I mistaken the logo with ST. So it's more likely a Flyback IC instead of a basic DC-DC converter? 

Thank you very much!

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

It's just a guess that it's a flyback. In any case, I have not yet seen a device where a pin was missing due to the air and creepage distances required for high-voltage applications and it was not a switching regulator for mains voltage.

Maybe there's someone else who can recognise the logo. It looks familiar to me, but I can't remember who it was.

Good luck!
/Peter

Any chance of cleaning this up and getting some better imagery?

Or the board or part# this is from?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I tried to make a clearer photos of the component and the board.

Board number corresponds with the MCU of the board: HK32F03

Don't mind the other broken or missing components, all of them are identified and/or removed. 

The big missing capacitor (C12) is a 400V/6,8uF capacitor, the smaller one were missing when the board arrived.

PXL_20240508_134252830-min.jpgPXL_20240508_134344927-min.jpg

Can it be cleaned with solvent/acetone? Or another board where it's clearer, or link to board itself.

Looks to perhaps be CST, I don't recognize the logo

Perhaps something similar to this?

https://datasheetspdf.com/mobile/1418286/Chengxin/CX7131/1

The 24-pin device looks to be a TM16xx chip for LED/7-Seg/Button

Link to new photos

I uploaded the new pictures to onedrive to have a better quality. I cleaned the board multiple times with isopropyl, hope it helps.

Also, the device you sent me looks very familier to this! In fact, the pinout looks to be the same!

Maybe this is the one? 

I was thinking more the IC than the board. Although if it is melted/burnt probably less so.

Any markings on the other side of the board?

This list a SOP-7 part

http://www.westech-cn.com/Upload/%E7%9B%AE%E5%BD%95/%E7%8E%AF%E7%89%B9%E6%A0%B7%E6%9C%AC%E5%8D%95%E9%A1%B5email-12270748495.pdf

Thank you,

Only marking on the other side is "HK32F03".

Which is the marking of the MCU of the board: HK32F030MF4P6.

I'm trying to reverse engineer the pinout on the board. CX7131 seems to be a perfect fit, but not 100% sure yet.