AnsweredAssumed Answered

Bitmap Converter, transparency and compression

Question asked by Barta.Hank on Apr 21, 2015
Hi folks,
I'm using Bitmap Converter (BmpCvtST.exe, v5.26, STemWin package) to convert images for display. Ordinarily when I save I select the "High color [565] compressed" output format and all is well. At the moment I am working with an image that has an Alpha channel and transparent portions. When I 'Save As' that option does not come up. The closest is "High color with Alpha [565]" but that doesn't work well. The image is a red X (255,0 0) and it appears black (but the transparency part works.) 

The option that provides the visual results I like (Red X, background otherwise visible ) is when I save with the option "True color with alpha channel" but it uses gobs of flash since it is not compressed. I have tried "True color with alpha channel, compressed" and nothing appears when the code issues the call to draw the image.

Is there any to draw a compressed image with transparency on the LCD? The LCD is configured for 16 bit (565) color.

Here is what the code looks like:
case ID_BUTTON_1: // Notifications sent by 'Submit'
  switch(NCode) {
  case WM_NOTIFICATION_CLICKED:
    // USER START (Optionally insert code for reacting on notification message)
    hItem = WM_GetDialogItem(pMsg->hWin, ID_IMAGE_2);
    IMAGE_SetBitmap(hItem, &bmRedX);
    // USER END
    break;
  case WM_NOTIFICATION_RELEASED:
    // USER START (Optionally insert code for reacting on notification message)
    hItem = WM_GetDialogItem(pMsg->hWin, ID_IMAGE_2);
    IMAGE_SetBitmap(hItem, &bmclear);
    // USER END
    break;
  // USER START (Optionally insert additional code for further notification handling)
  // USER END
  }
  break;
bmRedX is the bitmap image with transparency and bmclear is a 1x1 pixel transparent image. When the button is touched, the image appears and when the button is released it is removed. 

Thanks!

Outcomes