AnsweredAssumed Answered

STM32CubeMX: conflict between "USB OTG FS Host Only" mode and Timer1

Question asked by verma.jitesh on Dec 5, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 23, 2014 by Clive One

I am in urgent need for help regarding firmware development for STM32F205RGT ST microcontroller.
I am using STM32CubeMX software tool to generate firmware code for STM32F205RGT based board.
When I select "USB OTG_FS Host_Only" mode, it conflicts with Timer1. TIM1 is marked with yellow riangle on the software tool. When I move the cursor over it, it shows the following conflict message:
----------------------------------------------------------

TIM: Timer Partly disabled conflict with:

Requires channel 1 and 2, 1 and 3 or 1 and 2 and 3 to be set either as a clock, a trigger source

or in input capture mode or/and

At least one channel must be set in output mode or/and

USB_OTG_FS: Mode Host_Only or/and

Channel3 must be in Input Direct Capture Mode to activate that mode or/and

An ITRx or TI1_ED must be selected as Clock/trigger source or/and

activated only when a channel is configured in output and not all in forced_output Not available

if ETR is used as Clock Source or Trigger Source
----------------------------------------------------------

It seems that the pins with alternate functions are causing the conflict between USB OTG FS and Timer1. Let me know what the problem is and how to resolve it. I tried to search for information at ST e2e Community support and ST FAQs, but I did not get a reliable answer. I can't change the development board hardware. Let me know if something can be changed in software via this tool STM32CubeMX in order to resolve this issue. I can send the srceen shot of the conflict from STM32CubeMX tool if requied.

Thanks,
Jitesh

Outcomes