AnsweredAssumed Answered

Slow Speed Motor Control

Question asked by raddix on Oct 27, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 2, 2015 by Gigi
I am having troubles controlling the speed of my motor below ~100 RPM (~10Hz on the halls). I am having similar issues with both Hall Effect and sensor-less modes. I could understand this being an issue with the sensor-less mode due to the current signal getting hard to interpret at these levels. But there doesn't seem to be much I can tweak other than the kp and ki to get this working better with the Hall Effects, and I get minimal response in this range playing with the Rev Up config in sensorless mode. I continually get Speed Feedback errors, which often can be attributed to gain configuration it seems when the PIDs get out of control, but other times it's not terribly obvious what is wrong...

Ideally I need to be able to creep the motor along rather slowly (~20-40 RPM) for this application, so overshoot on startup isn't terribly acceptable...

The motor seems to run just fine above 100 RPM to it's max rated speed otherwise.

Perhaps there is something I am missing or should be looking at closer?

Are there other operational limits for this firmware that may be relevant here as well??

Thank you for your time.

Outcomes