AnsweredAssumed Answered

FastTransferModeCommand byte size read problem?

Question asked by Kevin Fisk on Jul 4, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 6, 2018 by Damien G.

I am writing a custom application that transfers bytes of sensor information from my own custom board to an app I am basing off of the ST25SDK (specifically V1.2.0). My application was failing to read the mailbox (yes, it's enabled) through the RF channel, failing with an "ST25SDK: transfer finished with error message"

When I download the ST25AndroidApp and compile from source, I also ran into this same error message when attempting to read a Data transfer from the tag. In looking at my debug output, it appears to be trying to read 1 less byte than I write in my embedded application. 

More details: So my application writes 18 bytes of data into the Fast Mailbox. When I debug the Read from Tag command, the following line appears to read my 18 bytes written by the embedded (I2C) app. 

int length = mST25DVTag.readMailboxMessageLength();

However, further down that function, when I step further into the function and enter into mST25DVTag.readMialboxMessage ...

tmpBuffer = mST25DVTag.readMailboxMessage((byte) offset, size);

I eventually run into the following line from within the library (FastTransferModeCommand.class);

return this.mIso15693CustomCommand.readMsg((byte)mbAddress, this.computeMsgLengthParam(size), flag, this.mUid);

this.computeMsgLengthParam(size)  takes my 18 byte message box length, subtracts 1 and reads only 17 bytes from the message box. 

Question:

Can someone help me understand why this is the case? 

Could this be the source of my "transfer finished with error"  message? 

Outcomes