Hi, I am curious is esc001v1 compatible with st motor control workbench 5.1.1 ? has anyone done it?
As far as I know it is not officially supported. I made it work with v5.0.3 and it was time-consuming. I would not recommend it. It would probably be much faster to perform some hardware mods to jumper the MCU pins to the layout that the v5.x recommends for the STM32F303xB family so that modifying the code that is generated by the tool is less time-consuming.
Perhaps a number of people could request ST adds support for their suboptimal layout on the STEVAL-ESC001V1 board to the new XCUBE-MCSDK tools so that we don't have to.
For now just can hold on to V4.3 , is V4.3 still available to download other from st sites due to they have taken down the download link.
The Firmware example available in the STEVAL-ESC001V1 page on st .com has been based on MCSDK v4.3. We know the current version v. 5.1.1 (as the previous ones) will not support natively this board for the moment.
The inclusion of the STEVAL-ESC001V1 in planned in the next version of the MC SDK V5.2.x
All the Best
support for this board, as anticipated by Adriano, will be in next version 5.2 that will be released soon. However let me explain more in details about it:
- theoretically you can use 5.1 library for this ESC001V1 board, the only thing that is missing is the support of the Motor Profiler (the board will not appear in the list of demo boards in the GUI tool.
- If you want to use ESC001V1 with 5.1, you can do the following steps:
1) You can use at first 4.3 version of the MC library, run Motor Profiler and take note of the motor values measured
2) Take note of the HW configuration for this board. You can find them both in the GUI of the MC Workbench of 4.3 or in the documentation of the board.
3) Open a new project with the 5.1 MC Workbench GUI, copy the configurations you checked in previous steps with 4.3. If the operations have been done correctly you should be able to run the motor from GUI by connecting the board by UART.
4) Import the main.c: here is where you need to make some source code modifications to translate the PWM input signal into speed reference, since the Cube libraries for PWM peripherals used in 5.1 is different from 4.3.
If the modifications are too much complicated, you may need to wait few weeks for next release of MC library 5.2.
It is not possible to use the 5.1 library for this board, please use the FW included in the STSW-ESC001V1 package, it contains already the library (v4.3 + addon) so no external download is needed, or wait for the next release 5.2.
sorry Giuseppe is right, on top of the modifications above, a further patch is needed for Vbus and Temp. It may be a little complicated so we strongly suggest to use the 4.3 or wait for the 5.2.
Retrieving data ...