I am trying x-nucleo-plc01a1. but there are two jumpers (J5 and J11) on the board. I can't find any document to describe how to use them. Anybody can help?
Hello yang hong ,
You have to review the X-NUCLEO-PLC01A1 schematic in the UM1918 Getting started with the X-NUCLEO-PLC01A1.
You may refer to the UM2281, there is a figure on page 14 (Figure 9) of the X-NUCLEO-PLC01A1 expansion board shown how the jumpers are configured.
Thank you for your reply. I have some questions about this expansion board:
1) when I apply 24vdc on terminal block J8 (pin 1 and pin 2), I should have one led on (power good, D24) or this led should not be on , but I don't have it. I check all test points (TP2, TP3, TP5), TP4=24V, TP5=5V, TP2=20V,TP3=2.1V, as soon as I try to talk VNI8200XP, I got faulty led on(D23). Do you have any idea? Thanks a lot.
Hello yang hong, faulty LED is attached to VNI8200XP and represents one of the two conditions:
1. Channel overtemperature (OVT)
2. Parity check fail when SPI mode is used
It would be interesting to find out why you don't have power good LED and what causes it to be not on when you apply 24V (you may try to increase current limit of power supply). Also which Nucleo board are you using with X-NUCLEO-PLC01A1.
I am working on nucleo-144 stm32f429zi with x-nucleo-plc01a1.
1) After I read manual VNI8200XP, POWER GOOD is (PG), when voltage is good, (PG) is high, otherwise is low, so user won't see PG led is on if power supply is in good status;
2) I did make x-nucleo-pcl01a1 work with stm32f429zi. nucleo-144 stm32f429zi is not fully compatible with x-nucleo-plc01a1 because PA7 on base board is used for Ethernet port, so I need to connect them using the wires, connect PA7(D11) on X-NUCLEO-PLC01A1 to PB5(D22) on the stm32f429zi.
3) of course, user need to modify the x-nucleo-plc01a1 library as well to meet pin requirements of stm32f429zi.
Retrieving data ...