AnsweredAssumed Answered

Motor control Workbench Monitor via serial

Question asked by jansen.justin on Sep 9, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 22, 2014 by Gigi
I am trying to use the motor conrol foc library found in stsw-stm32003.  I am using an stm32f103 and am failing to understand the steps required to use the parameter files generated by the workbench so that I can use the serial monitor part of the gui.  This is a custom board, so there is no LCD interface option.

Can someone point me to the project and application files I must use to get a serial connection?

I have verified the serial connectivity using a different embedded application, but the documentation doesn't seem very clear where I get the code to talk on the ST side of the serial link. 

The best I can tell just from poking around is that I should use the following workspace:
C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\FOC SDK\STM32 PMSM FOC LIBv4.0\Web\Project\EWARM\STM32F10x_Workspace.eww

And I can get that to build and run, but can't get it to establish a serial link.  But it looks like there are some other steps I may need to get that example project to do anything.  Can anyone help or point me to documentation that might help? 

Thanks

Outcomes