I'm evaluating the the S2-LP transceiver at 868 MHz using the Nucleo expansion board and the S2-LP DK software.
I need a clarification about the automatic frequency correction: as far as I understood from the datasheet (chapter 5.5.1), it is possible to know how far the signal that my device is receiving is from "my" center frequency.
I have some questinos about it:
1) I see that the AFC provides the estimated frequency error through the AFC_CORR register it isn't clear to me which unit this value is... Hz? kHz? ppm?
2) How can it be related to the real frequency error?
3) In case of a continuous wave as received signal (i.e. created with a bench signal generator) this value is valid? When should i read it?
4) And how can I use it to correct the programmed center frequency accordingly?
5) Which is the range that the AFC can actually compensate?
Thanks for any reply