AnsweredAssumed Answered

timer interrupt callback stm32f769 cubemx

Question asked by Stefan Müller on Apr 10, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 11, 2018 by Stefan Müller

Hi,

I'm using stm32f769 with cube MX and Atollic for my latest project. So far I managed some stuff like IAP Bootloader via µSD /or USB, PWM Generation, Encoder readout... So far I would guess I understood how CubeMX and HAL Library work together and how to use HAL and LL Lib.

I want to use a timer Interrupt (TIM10) and on every update and PWM pulse. I see that the Interrupt handler gets called

void TIM1_UP_TIM10_IRQHandler(void)

{

HAL_TIM_IRQHandler(&htim10);

and checks for the reason. Then a specific callback function is called like:

HAL_TIM_PWM_PulseFinishedCallback(htim);

or

HAL_TIM_PeriodElapsedCallback(htim)

it is marked __weak so I can use my own ...

BUT here is my issue:

As far as I read the code the Information which timer calls the callback function is lost as every Timer will call same callback function.

So in case I use more than one timer I have to check inside my callback function which timer caused it? I have to read the htim struct and get the info back, then have some switch case that leads to the code I want to have executed???

Or is there a better way to do it. Icouldn't find any example about this... 

And second question, but not so important: Why is it actually called "callback function"? In my understanding a callback function is a function I call by a "pointer to function" Parameter as Parameter of an other function ... I can not see anything like this here, so some explanation would be nice.

Thanks in advance

Stefan

Outcomes