AnsweredAssumed Answered

USB CDC Device demo on STM32F4 Discovery with STM32CubeMX code?

Question asked by fisher.nate on Oct 27, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 26, 2015 by karakiritsis.ilias
I am trying to get a USB CDC Device demo working on an STM32F4 Discovery board (with the STM32F407) with code from the STM32CubeMX generator application. The process has been murky at best, hopefully one of you can set me straight. 

So far, I have configured the project in STM32CubeMX, exported the code, merged the src and inc files with my project template (to use arm gcc). Included in my project template is the CMSIS, HAL and USB driver libraries. Additionally, I have updated my Makefile to build all of the required files. Here is the entire project: https://github.com/thenatefisher/stm32cube-usb-cdc-device-demo

After connecting both the mini and micro USB ports to my PC, I am able to build the application and load it to my device using openocd and arm-none-eabi-gdb. I can also run the application, but I do not see the device enumerate on my PC. I can verify this by performing an ls /dev/tty.usb* and I see no results. In addition, in the OSX System Information window, under USB, the virtual com device is not showing up. 

I am probably missing some very large steps here. Any pointers will be helpful. Thanks.

Outcomes