AnsweredAssumed Answered

Current consumption using B-L072Z-LRWAN1

Question asked by Maxime DEWASMES on Mar 26, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 10, 2018 by Maxime DEWASMES

Hi!

I'm curently using the B-L072Z-LRWAN1 (STM32L072 and LoRa board) with the STM32CubeExpansion_LRWAN_V1.1.4, and i'm trying to reduce the current consumption using this board.

I'm currently running into a high current draw from the power supply (when i'm forcing the board to get into stop mode at the first line possible in the main, i still draw over 3mA from the power supply)

I've tried to reduce the leakage from various ways (removed D2, no LED active, removed R19 to remove the link between battery and ST-link)

However i'm still unable to guess where does the extra mA are going...

At the start of my main, i'm using the insctruction HAL_PWR_EnterSLEEPMode(PWR_MAINREGULATOR_ON, PWR_SLEEPENTRY_WFI) (i've tried with stop and standby aswell, same current draw) and getting about 3.4mA at all time...

During normal use, my current usage is about 25mA when transmitting and 13mA when receiving, not dropping below the 13mA (so I guess I'm not really entering sleep mode the correct way or I may have peripherals not correctly resetted prior to the sleep function call, but this is not my main concern at the moment as I will continue to try and debug this one)

If any of you got an idea, i'll be glad to give you any additionnal detail, i'm not quite sure what to link with this question (code, ...) so i'll add it if you need it, I don't want to spam the thread... yet !

Thanks for the help,

Have a nice day !

Maxime DEWASMES

Outcomes