AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sending infos from computer via SPI or USB

Question asked by Bastien Clergue on Mar 23, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2018 by Nikola Krneta

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a STM32F103RBT6 MCU on the OLIMEXINO-STM32 board : OLIMEXINO-STM32 - Open Source Hardware Board .

So far, I am sending and receiving CAN messages, but I would like to parametrize a little bit more without changing the code (I want to be able to change the number of messages I want to send without recompiling everything, while the code is running on my board).

I first thought about reading those parameters in a file. Problem is that I can't find a way to access it from my MCU (while the file is still on my computer).

I then thought about directly sending the required informations from my computer via USB or a serial port, the issue here is that I have no idea on how to proceed... On the MCU side, I know how to look at data coming from an SP port (not with the USB yet, but I don't think it will be too hard to find), but on the computer side, I have absolutely no idea on how to send these informations ...

Do you know the way to proceed ? Or do you have an idea that would work better ?

Outcomes