AnsweredAssumed Answered

Reading ADC channels conversion using DMA. STM32F103 & SPL libs.

Question asked by Eugenia Suarez on Mar 22, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2018 by Eugenia Suarez

Hello, 

I'm using SPL libs for stm32F103RB in a nucleo board. I was creating a first ADC level driver and testing. 

After configuring individual, regular and scan mode adc group channels, so dma with the correct values the conversions seem to be working. I have adc1 channels, from channel 9 to channel 15, so I used: 

ADC_RegularChannelConfig(ADC1, ADC_Channel_9, 1, ADC_SampleTime_55Cycles5);

...(ADC1, ... , ++, ADC_SampleTime_55Cycles5);

ADC_RegularChannelConfig(ADC1, ADC_Channel_15, 7, ADC_SampleTime_55Cycles5);

So DMA is configured as:

#define ADC1_DR_ADDR ((uint32_t)0x4001244C)

uint16_t regularConvData_Tab[7];

DMA_DeInit(DMA1_Channel1);
DMA_InitStructure.DMA_PeripheralBaseAddr = ADC1_DR_Address;
DMA_InitStructure.DMA_MemoryBaseAddr = (uint32_t)regularConvData_Tab;
DMA_InitStructure.DMA_DIR = DMA_DIR_PeripheralSRC;
DMA_InitStructure.DMA_BufferSize = 7;
DMA_InitStructure.DMA_PeripheralInc = DMA_PeripheralInc_Disable;
DMA_InitStructure.DMA_MemoryInc = DMA_MemoryInc_Enable;
DMA_InitStructure.DMA_PeripheralDataSize = DMA_PeripheralDataSize_HalfWord;
DMA_InitStructure.DMA_MemoryDataSize = DMA_MemoryDataSize_HalfWord;
DMA_InitStructure.DMA_Mode = DMA_Mode_Circular;
DMA_InitStructure.DMA_Priority = DMA_Priority_High;
DMA_InitStructure.DMA_M2M = DMA_M2M_Disable;
DMA_Init(DMA1_Channel1, &DMA_InitStructure);

The fact is that when I read  regularConvData_Tab[7], debugging, after varying voltage values at input channels I can see how the converions are done propperly.

But there happens anotherthing weird:

Now, I was varying  the voltage value input pins, one by one. And I could observe that  channel_12 end conversion value has been transfered and saved at first memory address, channel_13 at second, 14 at next, 15 at fourth, 9 channel at 5th, 10 at sixth and 11 at the last. I observed it looking into regularConvData_Tab[index] array.

It seems to be starting dma transfer at channel_12 end conversion, instead by channel_9, which it was programmed to be the rank = number 1 at the sequence of conversion. 

order in channel conversion seq                index         channel content order in regularConvData_Tab[index] 

chn 9                                                               0                                          chn 12

chn 10                                                             1                                           chn 13

chn 11                                                              2                                          chn 14

chn 12                                                             3                                          chn 15

chn 13                                                             4                                          chn 9

chn 14                                                             5                                           chn 10

chn 15                                                             6                                           chn 11

Has any body explanation for this behaviour? 

I have deeply read adc and dma chapters in datasheet, but I only see that dma and adc seems to be correctly configurated and I don't understand this type of transfer offset. 

How can be chn 9 ending conversion and transfering to dma after chn 12 or chn 15 doing it, in example?

Outcomes