lopez.antonio.003

SPBT3.0DP2 Tx buffering

Discussion created by lopez.antonio.003 on Mar 22, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 20, 2018 by lopez.antonio.003

Hello,

I'm evaluating the SPBT3.0DP2 as a replacement for an AMBER AMB2300 module, which is used in a RS485 to Bluetooth converter device designed around 2007. This converter is used to communicate an Android mobile phone application with an automation controller. The Android application emulates a serial terminal, behaving like an old Televideo 905 device.

So the automation controller is continuosly sending streams of serial data for presenting it on the terminal, i.e. It is continuosly refreshing a display.

The problem I have is that the SPBT3.0DP2 module seems to buffer the data in big chunks before sending it via the BT radio, causing all kinds of display refreshing problems in the Android application, as some effects like blinking are achieved by alternating visualization fields between blank and not blank characters.

This problem doesn't happen when connecting through an AMBER module, as it seems to not buffer so much data before sending it via the BT radio.

My question is, is there a way to reduce the Tx buffering threshold of the SPBT3.0DP2 module? Or do you have any other suggestion to force the module to send the serial data via BT radio at shorter intervals?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

bluetooth serial interface

Outcomes