AnsweredAssumed Answered

LSM303AGR tilt compensated e-Compass

Question asked by Richard Cunliffe on Feb 27, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2018 by Miroslav B

Hello,

We are using the LSM303AGR e-Compass in a wearable device and I am trying to obtain a tilt compensated heading. I followed the ST DT0058 document (Computing tilt measurement and tilt-compensated e-compass), but the heading I get is not tilt (or pitch) compensated.

I have now purchased a NUCLEO-L476RG development board with X-NUCLEO-IKS01A2 expansion board to evaluate the e-Compass using the Unicleo GUI Windows app. I have built and downloaded the required firmware to the development board and the GUI is working to a point. I can view the realtime sensor data by clicking on the User Messages tab, and I can log the data to file using the Datalog button, but if I click on the ECompass button then the frame of the ECompass window displays, but the graphic of the compass does not. The same sort of thing happens if I click on the Motion MEMS, Environmental or Scatter buttons.

I am running version 1.3.18.5002 of the GUI on Windows 7 with V2.0.0 of the E-Compass firmware (V1.0.0 library) on the STM32 Nucleo board.

Here are some screenshots.

Outcomes