Hello all. I've tried to run the latest version of Unico GUI (5.0) by downloading it using the 'Get Software' button at the bottom of this webpage - http://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/evaluation-tool-software/stsw-mki109w.html. I've installed the GUI by running Setup_Unico_126.96.36.199.exe and installed the driver by running VCP_V1.4.0_Setup.exe. Unfortunately, whenever I run Unico to evaluate LIS3DH (STEVAL-MKI105V1) on my 64 bit Windows 7 machine the program crashes on me. Any idea why this might be happening? This occurs right after I do the following:
- Run C:\Program Files (x86)\STMicroelectronics\Unico\bin\unico.exe
- Select STEVAL-MKI105V1 (LIS3DH)
- Ensure 'Automatic Port Detection [Enabled]' is checked
- Click the 'Select Device' button
When I do this I get a generic 'Cross-platform UI for MEMS demo kits has stopped working' Windows dialog.
A couple notes:
- After I run VCP_V1.4.0_Setup.exe and plug our STEVAL-MKI105V1 evaluation board into my computer's USB port Windows Device Manager shows the virtual COM port 'STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port (COM26)'
- Unico GUI version 188.8.131.52 works fine on a Windows XP machine we have with this same evaluation board. This XP machine is using the latest version of the driver (Virtual COM port driver v1.4.0)