AnsweredAssumed Answered

Datasheet seems incomplete for LSM303DLHC

Question asked by Adam Hamilton on Feb 16, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 24, 2018 by Adam Hamilton

I am trying to develop a driver for my project which uses this Accelerometer / e-compass and while there is plenty of information for me to get something working, it is missing some information and some information is just not correct.

I would specifically like to add support for high pass filtering but I have no idea what HPCF[2:1] does - there was mention by someone at Pololu that the LSM303DLM datasheet has this information but can I fully trust that these filter coefficients are the same?

There was also mention of 2 data ready signals as quoted from the revision 2 datasheet on page 16

The LSM303DLHC features two data-ready signals (RDY) which indicate when a new set of
measured acceleration data and magnetic data are available, therefore simplifying data
synchronization in the digital system that uses the device.

There is only one externally accessible DRDY signal, however there are two interrupt lines. There also doesn't seem to be any information on the DRDY signal. Is this asserted when there is data available on the X,Y,Z registers, how about FIFO? Magnetometer data?

I can probably deduce the DRDY pin use from selective disablement of the accel/mag so I am not too concerned with that.

So my questions are:

1. Is there any errata to this datasheet
  2. Can I rely on using the other more complete datasheet mentioned earlier to cherry pick the information

Thanks all for your time

Outcomes