AnsweredAssumed Answered

Booting from flash with stand alone board

Question asked by Mark Cridge on Jan 24, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2018 by Clive One

Hi!

I've written an application on an STM32L746RG Nucleo-64 board.  The app uses the LL library and was written on Linux using eclipse ide cube MX.

Everything is working as expected and now I want to test the application works without being connected to the PC.  I have tried to program the flash but whenever I reset the device and swap power from the PC USB slot to an external adapter the app doesn't run.  I have a suspicion that I am programming SRAM rather than flash memory.

I have created a release config in the ide and can run this.  On reboot the app does not resume. I have also installed STM32 ST-LINK Utility on a windows machine and programmed the target with this.  Checking 'Option Bytes' I see that nBoot1 is unchecked and the BOOT0 pin (CN7 pin 7) is default value.  If I load the .bin file and then select Program and Verify I have a start address of 0x8000000 and verify after programming, reset after programming is selected.  The device programming and verification run successfully and the application starts.  If I reset the power the application does not start.

Any help in getting the app to start would be appreciated!

Cheers,

mark

Outcomes