AnsweredAssumed Answered

some question about usb implementation for STM32F3

Question asked by massimiliano cialdi on Jan 1, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2018 by Khouloud G

I have some questions about usb implementation (both hw and fw). My controller is STM32F373VC and I use STM32CubeF3 v1.9.0

1. I would like to know if the usb device and fw support composite devices. I should provide both communication services to the device using CDC class and mass storage services using MSC class.
  2. For now I have only tried the CDC class (example copied from STM32373C_EVAL/Applications/USB_Device/CDC_Standalone/) and is correctly recognized by the system as a virtual com port. In particular:
    Bus 008 Device 009: ID 0483:5740 STMicroelectronics STM32F407
    I wondered if I could use the VID and PID for a product that are present in the example (0483:5740) or I have to change them. If I have to change them, are I obliged to request them from the usb consortium? or are they freely usable?
  3. The example taken from STM32373C_EVAL/Applications/USB_Device/CDC_Standalone/implements a usb-uart converter. Instead, I should communicate with the device itself and believe the host operating system to use a com port. Are there examples (also of other controllers) that do such a thing?

best regards

Max

Outcomes