I am using the lsm6dsl mems. For my application, I need to calibrate the device in order to get the more precise values.
My calibration method is as follows :
- I measure the +/-1g in each axe
- I set the sensitivity with the full scale in LSB (from -1g to +1g)
- I set the offset by comparing the top value (+1g) and the bottom value (-1g) (for example if I get -1900 and +2100, I set the offset as -100)
My questions are :
- Is the calibration method correct?
- I observe big gaps with temperature changes (like 10 times the typical values given in the datasheet). Is it normal or there is something that I'm doing wrong?
- For temperature compensation, is it reliable to use typical values given in the datasheet or should I estimate it by measurment?
I hope my message is clear, sorry for my English.