AnsweredAssumed Answered

The BEMF of L6480

Question asked by chris song on Nov 14, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 15, 2017 by chris song

The BEMF of L6480 and SPINFamily Evaluation Tool 

Hi All

Now I use STEVAL-PCC009V2 and EVAL-6480H to driver stepper motor by using the SPINFamily Evaluation Tool.   

Now BEMF configuration has 5 application parameters: Vs, Holding current, Acceleration target current,Deceleration target current, Running target current @ xxxx step/s. If I use a motor which rated voltage is 24V and rated current is 4.2A/phase, how I configure the Running target current @ xxxx step/s?

More BEMF configuration has 3 Motor parameters: Ke, motor resistance, motor inductance. The 3 parameter and Vs(L6480 supply voltage and other application parameters) define the ST_SLP, FN_SLP_ACC, FN_SLP_DEC,INT_SPEED. These 4 value can be adjusted by user or produced by application parameters and motor parameters?

Now I find a interesting phenomenon: if i don't use BEMF function, I could drive motor at 800 step/s fine,but the motor run  at speed above 800 step/s isn't well. And I couln't drive motor run at speed 1500 step/s. If I use BEMF function, I couldn't drive  motor at 800 step/s.and I couldn't drive motor run at speed 1500 step/s also. I want to know what speed is low speed and what speed is high speed?

Thanks everyone to give some advice.

Regards 

Chris Song

Outcomes