AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems & Questions using the AcousticSL Library

Question asked by RIchard Klosinski on Nov 9, 2017

1) The instructions (well at least one of way to many overlapping instructions) state that the software is node locked, yet I can compile and use the code w/o errors. Is the software for the AcousticSL library still node locked??? Im using Eclipse and AC6 software to compile.

2) I built a prototype using the Nucleo-64 (STM32F401 based), X-NUCLEO-CCA02M1 (mems mic pcb) and a custom pcb that plugs into the mems mic pcb to get mic separation of 110mm. I followed the instructions in UM2212 (Getting started with AcousticSL real-time sound source localization middleware) to wire the mic's on my pcb to the pattern giving on 7. This means I wired the mic's as they are labeled on page 7 to the corresponding MIC?_EXT_A on the  X-NUCLEO-CCA02M1. Also I set the jumpers on the  X-NUCLEO-CCA02M1. I did basic testing of my pcb by removing the mic coupons and shorting the output to gnd then vcc. The corresponding memory of the PDM_Buffer became all 00 or FF, but this only tests mic1/2 and 3/4 pairs. 

The problem: The output of the angle never really moves with the sound. usually get numbers line 224, 135, 314 while holding my 1k signal generator (an iphone with a signal generator app) about 2 feet away. rarely do I get anything below 135.

Richard

#acousticsl 

Outcomes