AnsweredAssumed Answered

User labels for peripherals

Question asked by Lars Gardien on Sep 12, 2017
Latest reply on Feb 1, 2018 by Jeanne Joly

I have had hands on the CubeMX user label feature for pin assignments and found it very usefull. It was possible to write application code like HAL_GPIO_TogglePin(my_label_GPIO_Port, my_label_GPIO_PIN), and when the pin assignment changed later on, simply regenerating code using CubeMX would redefine the my_label_GPIO_Port and my_label_GPIO_PIN definitions. No changes in application code needed!

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe no such feature is present for full peripherals. Being able to assign a user label to, say, SPI4 would be great. I would be able to do HAL_SPI_Transmit(my_label, buf, len, 0). If I would want to switch from SPI4 to SPI2 I would only need to do so in CubeMX and be sure to give SPI2 the label my_label again. This way again, no changes in application code are needed.

I came across this old thread: STM32CubeMX Feature missing? User labels where the feature is already discussed. Has the feature been implemented for peripheral renaming? Or is renaming pin assignments solely supported?

Thanks in advance.

Lars

Outcomes