AnsweredAssumed Answered

I am using LIS3MDL and is there any way to offset the interrupt threshold values by changing the Offset Registers?   What I mean is suppose my surrounding environment z-axis value is 50uT and if I want to offset it to 0 then I can write 50uT to the OFFSET

Question asked by Abin Thomas on Jul 22, 2017
Latest reply on Sep 4, 2017 by Miroslav B

I am using LIS3MDL and is there any way to offset the interrupt threshold values by changing the Offset Registers?

What I mean is suppose my surrounding environment z-axis value is 50uT and if I want to offset it to 0 then I can write 50uT to the OFFSET_Z_REG register. This works fine. Now since my Z-Axis is offseted to 0, if i set the interrupt to 10uT, then even though OUT_Z register  shows 0, the Interrupt is triggered which shouldn't happen until 10uT.  And suppose if i set Interrupt threshold to 60uT, then when OUT_Z  goes to 10, then the Interrupt is triggered.

I have set the Full-scale configuration to +-4 gauss.

What i understood is that any changes to OFFSET_Z_REG is affecting only the OUT_Z register and not the Interrupt Threshold. Like the z axis value in OUT_Z, is there a way to offset interrupt too?  

Outcomes